Monday, August 31, 2009

My Daybook - August 31,2009


FOR TODAY: Monday, August 31...

Outside my window... the sun is shining & the crisp air smells and feels like autumn.

I am thinking...
about bringing out my fall decorations this week - my *favorite* season for my home!

I am thankful for...
a borrowed van to drive while our vehicle is in the shop...what would I do without wheels? Yikes!

From the learning room...
One more week to go before we begin school! This week I need to - finalize my lesson plans, finish making a time-line for the school room, make plans for a fun "first day."

From the kitchen...
oatmeal and juice for breakfast...lunch is leftovers from last night's dinner at my mother-in-law's (hamburgers, corn on the cob, roasted potatoes & tomato salad)...dinner will be meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans (per General's request!). Also hoping to squeeze in a few batches of "thank you" cookies for a good friend.

I am wearing...
jeans and a sweater (and this is August!), socks and warm slippers.

I am going...
to go grocery shopping this morning - the cupboards are bare!

I am reading...
Real Learning, by Elizabeth Foss; and A Charlotte Mason Companion, by Karen Andreola

I am hoping...
to get the kids - and myself - back into our daily school schedule this week (minus the lessons)...bedtimes and waking up on time in the morning, following the usual structure for chores and mealtimes. The kids have been enjoying a laid-back summer routine, but from past experience, I know it's much better to get the schedule in place before adding school into the mix!

I am hearing...
silence, except for the hum of the fridge...all the kiddos are still asleep! They wore themselves out at grandma's yesterday (and we stayed pretty late, too). (We'll start the school schedule tomorrow!)

Around the house...
on Monday mornings, the house is always in need of a little TLC; and I must confess I've been so busy working on school plans (and the school room) that I got off-track of my usual cleaning schedule. But that's OK - I'm planning to do my end-of-summer deep clean tomorrow and Wednesday, anyhow :)

One of my favorite things...
warm tea on chilly mornings.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Visiting my mom & dad at their new home; a garage sale on Friday (weather permitting!); did I mention school plans and cleaning?

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


Closeup of an impatien from the planter on my front porch...this photo was Princess' favorite

To read more Daybooks, visit Peggy.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed being able to take a peek at your new school room in the last post and I am enjoying taking a peek at your day in this one. I'm not surprised that the Princess liked that photo - she has her Mom's artistic eye!

    What a cozy looking school room! The shelf at the bottom of the stairs is a nice welcoming touch. And who can resist getting excited about fresh new art supplies, expecially when so nicely displayed. As for me, I've always been a bulletin board enthusiast, whether at home, at the library, or at Sunday School. It's a whole art form in itself. I THINK in bulletin board messages.

    Have fun y'all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...