Friday, September 25, 2009

The Best of "B" Week

~ Letter of the Week: B - Birds, Blueberries & Banana Bread ~


~ Our books for this week ~


~ Practicing letter formation with playdough ~


~ We read the story of the Bugle Fairy and listened to his song on our beautiful new CD ~




~ We baked some Banana Bread for our after-school tea ~


~ Author-of-the-week: Jan Brett ~


Since we studied Birds for B-week, we decided it would be a good project to put up birdfeeders, which should help us out with birdwatching and nature observing. This was fun!





~ A thistle-feeder for gold-finches, one of our favorite birds...

...and sunflower seeds for the other songbirds (and probably squirrels, too!) ~

2 comments:

  1. Boy! I Bet this was a Busy week. The Bird feeders look Beautiful and the Birds will Be Blessed with the Bounty. (And yes, Squirrels can Be Beastly aBout seed.) And it looks like the Bakers Baked the Best Banana Bread ever :>)
    I Believe the smiles on the kids' faces - including the Monkey's - will Be something to smile aBout for a long time.
    Have a Blessed weekend (aren't they all?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how happy I am that you are blogging about your home school. What a delight to read about your activities. I must say, it looks like you are having fun!

    I can't wait to hear what birds visit your feeder. So far I have 0 visiting mine. I guess there's better food in the woods.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...