Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Monkey Tales


It had been a long one-of-those-days, and it was already dark outside when dinner was over. The kids had run off to make the most of free-time before bed, and the only two of us left in the kitchen were Little Monkey and me. As I finished up the last load in the dishwasher for the day, suddenly I heard, in his authoritative, I-mean-business-voice, Little Monkey yelling, "Mine! Mine!! MIIIIIIIIIINE!!!" I looked up from the dishes to see who on earth he was yelling at, as I thought for sure everyone else had gone. He was standing in front of the sliding glass door, holding his beloved teddy-bear, face flushed and veins popping, getting ready to pick a fight with the baby in the reflection who also happened to be holding his Bear! (Nobody messes with the Bear!)


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for our dinner time... so I can tell a "Little Monkey" story (formerly called J & J stories). We always love to hear a great story from your house. We delight in the kids, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide whether to say 'poor little guy' or to have a good laugh! You've got to admire his fortitude. Dog-tired and yet ready to put up a fight for Mr. Bear. He's got the 'right stuff'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...