Monday, September 21, 2009

My Daybook - September 21, 2009


FOR TODAY - September 21...

Outside my window...Warm sunshine, again! We've been enjoying those warm, golden end-of-summer days for a few weeks now - and I'm hoping they continue on for awhile!


I am thankful for...good health! The past few weeks have been a little rough with various health issues, and then last Thursday we all came down with a nasty case of the flu! We all spent the whole weekend on the couch and it is good to be feeling a little more like my old self again!

From the learning rooms... Thanks to the flu, we had a little catching-up to do today - so we finished "B" week by baking some banana bread, and then started "C" week. I'm also a little behind in prepping for crafts and such... so we'll see how this week goes!

From the kitchen... Hamburger soup, salad & cornbread....& the kids' banana bread for dessert.

I am wearing... Jeans, slippers, a blue long-sleeve t-shirt and an apron.

I am creating...a manageable housekeeping system and daily schedule. It seems like I need to do this at the beginning of every school year as our time involved with school increases. Sounds like an odd thing to create, but I really do have to be creative to make it all work! And until I have a good grasp on the work I have to do, I won't have any time for creating the fun stuff :)

I am going...to try to stay home as much as possible this week. There's a time-saver right there!

I am reading... Lies Homeschool Moms Believe. a little book from the speaker at last week's homeschool support group meeting. Very encouraging!

I am hearing... the sounds of the kids playing outside - especially general's loud whistle that he's been perfecting the past few weeks (lately it's too loud for the house!).

Around the house... One thing I did accomplish this weekend is I cleaned out and reorganized my desk/office, especially all of the files for our budget/banking system. What a load off of my mind!

One of my favorite things...babies!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Friday is our homeschool group's fall picnic, which we are all really looking forward to.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


- Tea Time After School -


To read more Daybooks, visit Peggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...