Monday, October 5, 2009

My Daybook - Ocober 5, 2009

FOR TODAY ~ Monday, October 5, 2009...
Outside my window...chilly, soft pink sunrise - not a cloud in the sky today!

I am thinking... about how good it will be to get away with my hubby this weekend. We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary by spending a few days up in northern Michigan, our favorite place in the whole world. It is especially beautiful there on this weekend, when the trees are at the "peak" of their fall color.

I am thankful for...weekends, like this past one, when Hubby doesn't have to work - we have so much fun spending time together and with the kiddos

From the learning rooms...It will be a bare-bones week! I have a lot to do to get ready for our trip, so we'll just be focusing on the necessities - math, language arts and finishing up our read-alouds. We'll jump back on the Alphabet Path and history/science projects next week.

From the kitchen...cream of wheat for breakfast, turkey sandwiches for lunch, polish sausage and cabbage w/mashed potatoes, green beans and a salad for dinner...for treats, we're still working on a pan of pumpkin spice bars that I made over the weekend.

I am wearing... the only pair of jeans left that I can still squeeze into, white long-sleeve t-shirt, slippers and a blue zip-up sweater

I am creating... a list of some crafts the kids can work on for Christmas gifts - to be started next week :)

I am going...grocery shopping! We have just enough milk left to make it through breakfast...and I need diapers and shampoo. The essentials!

I am reading...personal reading is limited to my favorite blogs right now...and our school books :)

I am hoping...to get my house totally clean before we leave on Thursday.

I am hearing...the hum of my computer, and that is all - the kiddos are all still sleeping!

Around the house...Rose's bedroom is top priority today - we need to declutter and reorganize! We're also making plans for some decorations for her walls.

One of my favorite things...the smell of coffee on a crisp fall morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week: to finish up all of my usual work before leaving on Thursday (cleaning, work on budget & pay bills, laundry, school lessons, bake some goodies for the kids...its going to be busy!)

Here is picture-thought I am sharing...



To see more Daybooks, visit Peggy's website.

1 comment:

  1. Your daybook was so fun to read! Having just returned form an extended vacation myself, I understand well the TIME and prep that goes into it. CONGRATS on the anniversary weekend! My hubbs and I just celebrated 13 in August, it's been a fun ride! Love your picture thought, so sweet! Have a great week and a super weekend!
    Blessings,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...