Monday, October 26, 2009

My Daybook



FOR TODAY ~ October 26, 2009


Outside my window...Cool, gray skies and a little drizzle...the trees have all turned their fall colors and are beginning to drop their leaves, leaving a carpet of red and gold on the lawn - a beautiful picture!

I am thinking...about Halloween costumes! General is easy - he already has everything he needs for his costume: a soldier, of course :). I'm thinking Little Monkey would make a cute cowboy...I have to see where I packed away General's little cowboy stuff. Rose is the challenge: she wants to be an angel (I love it!) and I'm going to try to whip something together for her - haven't had the sewing machine out for awhile!

I am thankful for...An amazing, sweet hubby who worked a 90+ hour week (no kidding!!!) and then on his only day home to rest, insisted that I "take some time for myself" for a couple hours while he stayed home w/the kiddos (two of which are still not feeling great). So I went to DunkinD's and got all my curriculum planned out for the week. That is a great feeling!

From the learning rooms...This will be a challenging week as we're starting new curriculums in several subjects - but I am really excited about them! Also moving on to E-week in The Alphabet Path.

From the kitchen...I have two big bunches of bananas that need to be made into banana bread. Dinner tonight will be cabbage soup with buffalo-style chicken drumsticks, salad and garlic bread.

I am wearingA cream corduroy skirt with a teal-blue maternity sweater...and my comfy slippers.

I am creating...Halloween costumes are going to take up all my creative time this week!

I am going...to stay home as much as possible this week.

I am reading...Teacher's guides to all the new curricula :)

I am hoping...that this is the end of the flu for our family.

I am hearing.the sounds of sleepy kiddos waking up & getting ready for the day.

Around the houseThe floors really need to be washed…  and I'm hoping to get my laundry area tidied up this week.

One of my favorite things...Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffles.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm just hoping for a nice, quiet week to get back on a normal schedule!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



If you've enjoyed this Daybook, check out some others or add your own at the Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. You husband sure sounds like a keeper :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog and your children are beautiful. My 8 year old grandson is also going as a soldier. I pray it doesn't rain. I enjoyed reading your daybook. It's always nice to meet young women who love their families.Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...