Monday, November 2, 2009

Daybook - November 2, 2009

FOR TODAY ~ November 2, 2009...
Outside my window...Chilly, soft gray skies and just a few frosty leaves left on all of the trees. Lots of geese in pairs and small flocks flying around my neighborhood, apparently in circles - they seem confused!

I am thinking... We had so much fun with Halloween (hoping to post some pics on the blog soon!)...but I am excited that the time has come to start getting our plans ready for Advent.

I am thankful for... internet shopping. I'm planning on putting that to good use, to simplify Christmas shopping this year!

From the learning rooms...moving on to F-week in Alphabet Path, and we will have a lot to do in history and science this week to play catch-up a little bit! I also noticed that Little Monkey suddenly seems interested in taking part in the learning, now....so I'm putting together some quick - new - activities to keep him interested and busy.

From the kitchen… As much as I love to cook, I am realizing that it is really hard to find the time to do it!  I'm trying to simplify a bit this week by utilizing the crock pot and trying out some casseroles that I can put together in the mornings before our school-day begins.

I am wearing... still in my pj's - it's a slow morning!

I am creating...my project for this week is to take photos of the kids for Christmas cards and to frame up for the Grandmas and our own family photo wall.  I'm going to try to take the pics myself, at home…. we'll see how they turn out!

I am going... nowhere, hopefully! Aiming for another quiet week spent at home, as much as possible.

I am reading... Several good books about observing Advent, and my favorite blogs.

I am hoping... to find a used deep-freezer, soon

I am hearing... the usual sounds of a quiet house - did I mention it is a slow morning? I think the Grammas and Daddy wore the kiddos (and me!) out this weekend ;)

Around the houseLots of cleaning… (this seems to be my usual answer!)

One of my favorite things... going for a long drive on a beautiful Sunday afternoon with my hubby and kiddos to "wherever the car takes us." This time it ended up being Costo, Applebees and Dairy Queen... in a town over an hour away! Hubby gave us a little tour of some of the jobs he has been working on...meanwhile the kids (and their silly Daddy) provided the entertainment by telling jokes and quoting movie lines from Aladdin. I don't remember the last time we all laughed so hard!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Next Sunday we'll be having some good friends over for dinner - we're all really looking forward to spending the evening together!

Here is picture-thought I am sharing...

~ "Camping" on the living room floor ~


To read more Daybooks - or to share your own - visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful daybook. I love the Picture. I'm looking forward to your Halloween pictures. Have a great week, Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I do a lot of shopping on line. Take advantage of those free shipping coupons.
    Maybe when you make a casserole, you could make enough for two meals and freeze one. I like to use my crockpot, too. I'm all in favor of one dish meals. Just add bread and salad or a vegetable and we're done.
    You're so right about the photos and they are more special that way.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...