Monday, December 7, 2009

My Daybook - December 7, 2009

Outside my window... this year's first dusting of snow!

I am thinking... about Christmas planning and preparations

I am thankful for... good medicine for little boys who develop croup every time they catch a cold! Something that might've been serious in times past...

From the learning rooms... besides the three R's, our studies this December are centered on a Christmas-theme (which includes literature, crafts, baking :), history, Bible...)

From the kitchen...tonight it's Hamburger Stroganof over egg-noodles, garlic green beans, italian bread and salad (Hubby's favorite dinner!)

I am wearing... purple maternity cardigan over purple-striped top, jeans and warm slippers

I am creating...Christmas memories for my family! And I'm hoping to find time to make a dolly-sized blanket & pillow to go along with the wooden doll cradle we're giving to Rose on Christmas :) (Shhhh...)

I am going... to the library, post office (to mail Christmas cards) & Ace to buy Lestoil, a cleaner recommended for removing grease stains from hubby's new collared work shirts. Just curious - has anyone heard any warnings about handling Lestoil during pregnancy???

I am re-reading... Minding Your Own Business by Raymond & Dorothy Moore - a book about homeschool family businesses.

I am hoping...to have lots of snow here tomorrow night (the forecast is between 3 & 8 inches!), and to be rid of the flu in our house once & for all.

I am hearing...the sounds of the kids playing restaurant together, with lots of coughing and sniffling!

Around the house... need to put away a large pile of fall decorations that somehow didn't make it back into their box the first time around!

One of my favorite things... anise-flavored Christmas cookies!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Finish ordering Christmas gifts, write a shopping list for Christmas cookie ingredients, cleanup my "office" and files.

Here are two picture-thoughts I am sharing...


~ Little Monkey's puzzled expression as he sees snow for the first time ~
(I'm hoping he'll be well enough to play outside when there's more snow on Wednesday!)


To read more Daybooks, or to write one of your own, visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...