Friday, April 16, 2010

Daybook

Outside my window… Spring is here!  The dogwood and crabapple trees are in full bloom - so pretty!  The goldfinches and robins have been coming up close to the windows, under the branches - fun birdwatching for the kiddos!

I am thinking... about anything that does not have to do with babies!  Two weeks of strong, time-able contractions that stop as soon as I think its about time to call the doctor...are beginning to wear me out a bit!  I still have four days until my due date, but all of my babies have been one-to-three weeks early.  I thought for sure this one would follow the same pattern!

I am thankful for... the beautiful weather we've been enjoying this spring.  Chicago springs are usually cold and rainy, and generally not enjoyable until June.  But we've been able to spend so much time outside the past several weeks - it is so nice to be out in the sun!

From the learning rooms... Just continuing to cover "the basics" without too many extra projects right now.  We'll be taking a longer-than-usual spring break once Baby arrives, then getting back to the fun stuff later in May.

From the kitchen... Leftovers tonight!  I made roasted lemon-chicken and potatoes for dinner last night, and am planning on using the leftover chicken in a pasta-dish tonight.

I am wearing...the same pair of comfy maternity jeans and my only t-shirt that I keep washing and re-wearing - didn't plan on warm weather when I went shopping a few months ago!

I am creating... A set of wall-decorations with Rose for her bedroom.  I found some cute scrapbook paper on clearance at JoAnn Fabrics that I thought we could use to cut out each letter of her name, then frame in little white square frames from the dollar store.  I also have pink ribbon to hang them with...should be cute!

I am going... To stay home.  I really just want to rest up...in case these contractions really do turn into labor!

I am reading... Woman First, Family Always by Kathryn Sansone...mother of ten kiddos, very inspiring!

I am hoping... to have a baby soon!  (can't think of anything else to say today!)


Around the house...need to vacuum and clean bathrooms; might clean my oven if the nesting urge strikes again.

One of my favorite things... fresh homemade guacamole.  YUM!

A few plans for the rest of the weekend...  If we're all feeling well....then, Church.  And maybe to visit my brother-in-law & sis-in-law who just had a baby this past Wednesday!  Our due-dates were just one day apart until my doc moved mine ahead by one week.  Their little boy is healthy & well - and so cute from the pics I've seen!  Can't wait to meet him!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

This is a pic of Hubby fixing our fridge...with a little help from his buddy who had to be right in the middle of it all, trying out every tool, gauge and gadget that Daddy was using :)



To read more Daybooks - or to write your own - visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook


Blessings!
signature image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...