Friday, August 6, 2010

Daybook for 8-6-2010

Outside my window...I'm enjoying the fresh breeze this morning..it's finally cool enough (and dry enough!) to open the windows and air out the house.

I am thinking...about the birthday party we're having for General this Sunday.  I can't believe my baby is turning ten!!  Guess he's not a baby anymore...  We have thirty-three people (and counting...) just between our two immediate families - so every birthday is a big party!  Since the weather is supposed to be nice that day, we're planning a cookout - hamburgers and grilled italian sausage, yum!  We'll also put up our volleyball net, and the bean bag sets.  Should be lots of fun!

I am thankful for... homeschooling friends.  We are in the organizing stages of creating a homeschooling support group for this fall, something I've been hoping and praying for, for a very long time.  It is exciting to see it all beginning to come together! We'll meet together next week to finalize our plans...and we have sixteen kids between the four of us; the oldest being ten years old. It's going to be a little chaotic, but a TON of fun!! (And that's the way it is with homeschooling!)

From the kitchen...We are going to my husband's brother's house for dinner tonight.  It will be so nice to visit with them...their son Caden was born just one week before Peanut & this will be the first time that we'll be able to really spend some time together!

I am wearing...a pair of pre-pregnancy khaki shorts & purple/blue t-shirt - my clothes fit again, hurray!!!

I am creating...my blog has been my only creative outlet, lately...although I have many plans and ideas for projects I'd like to do as soon as Peanut gets a little bigger.

I am going...to the store for soymilk for Little Monkey, paper towels, toilet paper & kleenex - sems like we run out of these things often, and all at once!

I am reading...Teaching Tips and Techniques, by Rebecca L. Avery (a very helpful book that is part of the Weaver curriculum)

I am hoping...that the enzymes our pediatrician put Little Monkey on will help solve his digestive issues.  He's been having trouble digesting his food for several months now, & we were suspecting a dairy and gluten intolerance... but even after removing both from his diet, his symptoms were not clearing up.  So far, this enzyme (just a little powder I add to his food at every meal) really seems to be helping!  It will take a few more weeks for his little tummy to completely heal...and I'm really hoping this is all he needs!

I am hearing...the hum of cicadas, a cricket chirping, and birds singing in my trees...I love having the windows open!

Around the house Cleaning for the party!  Today it's the windows and the kitchen.

One of my favorite things...vinegar!  I've been going through a lot of vinegar lately since we've been doing so much cleaning!  I use it on my wood floors, because they have a glossy finish - every cleaner I've tried leaves my floors cloudy and streaky, even Murphy's Oil.  But a solution of about 1/2 cup vinegar (maybe a little more?) to a gallon of water, makes them sparkle!  (Besides, it is so much safer & chemical-free!)  I sometimes put this solution into a spray bottle & give it to the kids with a roll of paper towels...they love to shine up my cabinets and any other wood they can find.  Hmmm...maybe that's why I'm always out of paper towels...maybe I should start giving them rags instead!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Tonight I need to make my shopping list for General's birthday party - hopefully I can get that done early tomorrow morning before Hubby leaves for work & while the kiddos are still sleeping.  Then I'll cook a few side dishes for the party & finish cleaning.  Sunday I'll pick up the cake, finish cooking - and then its party time!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...
a little treat for the kiddos after a long day of cleaning...they're such good helpers!



To read more Daybooks - or to write your own - visit Peggy over at The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. You have a lovely family Collette. I enjoyed reading your Daybook entry today.

    Trish - The Clean Freak!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...