Monday, January 10, 2011

chocolate-lovers truffle pie




1 pkg special dark or bittersweet chocolate chips (less sweet is better)
1/2 cup whipping cream
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
whipped cream
raspberry sauce (or jam) (optional)

Preheat oven to 325*F.  Place chocolate in large microwaveable bowl.  Add cream.  Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, or until chocolate is almost melted.  Stir to melt it the rest of the way & until the mixture is well blended.

Add eggs, sugar and flour; beat with wire whisk until well blended.  Pour into lightly greased 9-in. pie plate.  Bake for 30-35 minutes until the edge of the pie is puffed, but the center is still slightly soft; cool.  Dust with powdered sugar.

Cut into small wedges & serve with raspberry sauce drizzled over the top, if using (or, in a pinch - you can use a little raspberry jam instead - melt it in the microwave).  Top with whipped cream.

Makes 10 servings.

4 comments:

  1. Have mercy!

    That's a great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soooo yummy! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... I love chocolate; the darker the better. And easy prep with little clean up = my kind of recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's why they serve that extra-strong coffee in those teeny little cups! I'm beginning to figure this all out.

    BTW - What a camera!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...