Wednesday, January 5, 2011

a january daybook

outside my window... sunny but cold.  days like today make me especially thankful for a cozy, warm home.

i am thinking... that there are more good things to think of in this life, than there is time to do them all!


from the learning rooms... we're slowly getting back into the swing of school.  the flu and colds have slowed us down a bit, but that's the beauty of homeschooling ...we can just as easily do our lessons on the couch.  i think it's great...although my kids might disagree! ;)

from the kitchen... making a big pot of chicken soup today.  ginger-honey-lemon tea, real cranberry juice (the kind that will curl your toes), apple cider vinegar, and an assortment of vitamins & supplements are also on the menu.

i am wearing... yesterday's jeans, plain black t-shirt, turquoise hoodie & really warm socks. 


i am re-reading...Lies Homeschooling Moms Believe, by Todd Wilson of FamilyMan Ministries... a very encouraging book that I return to often. 

around the house... toys!  It's time to do a post-Christmas toy-purging/organizing cleanup!
 
one of my favorite things...  last night, my wonderful hubby brought home a bag of Starbucks' new special-edition blend of coffee.  it's called "Casi Cielo" - Spanish for "almost heaven," according to the package.  boy, they couldn't have come up with a more perfect name!  it is amazing, you should try some (and no, i am not receiving anything from Starbucks for saying so!) 

a picture for thought...

...why it takes 100 photos to come up with one good one for Christmas cards...


to read more Daybooks - or to write your own - visit Peggy at Simple Woman's Daybook

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet blog!!! Love the look you have going here....

    Dawn @ 4:53 am

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I am looking forward to coming back to visit when I have more time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you from Lecia.

    Cute, cute blog. Looking forward to following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful children.Enjoying your blog.I just started blogging and would like it very much if you come check out my blog....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photo. The children are beautiful. I agree with you that there are more things to do than time to do them in. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...