Tuesday, March 8, 2011

name-meaning picture gift


I made this picture over the weekend as a gift for my little nephew on his birthday (he turned two!).  I was inspired by Sheralyn over at Lovely Design - she has a generous post explaining how she designs her graphics for printing.  I basically followed her method...except that I used the free Paint.Net software (instead of Photoshop or Illustrator) for everything. 


I had a picture like this of my name hanging on the wall next to my bed, when I was a girl.  Mine was made of calligraphy... I loved to read the meaning and the verse; it was something very special to me.  I'm planning on personalizing one of these for each of my children's birthdays this year.


All framed up!  The colors are a bit dark in this photo - it's hard to take photos of pictures because the glass creates quite a glare!


6 comments:

  1. You have such a groovy, crafty, artsy way of doing the neatest things!

    I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really neat, Colette! Thank you for posting the link on how to do it, AND for the link for using program other than Photoshop!!
    This is a really nifty gift - so thoughtful, yet so simple! And aren't those some of the best?
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that turned out well. I couldn't imagine the buttons and denim.....A picture is worth a thousand words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol - yes, some things are just a little too hard to explain without a pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great creation and a lifetime treasure. Those gifts are the best :).

    I wish I had your kind of talent :)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...