Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Homemade Brownies

brownieingred

This recipe is my Mom's, back from when she was a newly-married gal...this was a favorite recipe in our home when I was a girl (still is!).  When it was my turn to begin feeding a family of my own, she passed it on to me & now it is a favorite for my husband and children, too! 

It is so easy to whip these brownies together on short notice for company, or for a quick treat for the kiddos.  (Actually the kids can easily make this, too!)  The ingredients are all staples kept on hand in the pantry – and although I've never met a brownie I didn't like, I really think these taste even better than the box-mix variety!


Ingredients:

1 cup + 2Tbsp. flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
2/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

3 eggs
2/3 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla

brownie ingredients

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.  In a smaller bowl, beat together the eggs, oil and vanilla.  Pour into the dry ingredients & stir well with a spoon.  Pour all into a greased 9x9 (or 11x7) pan.  Bake at 350 for 34 to 38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

And that’s it!

homemadebrownies


Enjoy!

Linking up this post at -














9 comments:

  1. It's very possible that I will be making these, um...
    tonight!!
    I have all the ingredients and they look yummy!

    Love your new blog look, the header, the family pictures on the sidebar!
    great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are serious chocolate lovers here...especially my husband! So I'm always looking for great chocolate recipes. I'll have to try this soon.

    Today the girls (age 11 and 9) are making chocolate chip cookies. They just brought me one, and it was soooo good! So I've had my chocolate for today... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having a CHOCOLATE... CHOCOLATE... and MORE CHOCOLATE linky party over at THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS, we are already enjoying over 125 recipes so far and would love to have you link up your recipe too.

    It's gonna be a really SWEET week.

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-cravings-21-chocolate-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a million for coming back and linking up a CHOCOLATE recipe! We have so many SWEET treats; I hope you had a chance to look around. And next week we are doing “SECRET INGREDIENTS”; so we hope you come back by and link up something “sneaky” that you add to a recipe.
    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm bookmarking this one. We always want something chocolately, but don't always have the boxed stuff in the cupboard. I like this way better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for a great homemade brownie recipe and this sounds easy and delicious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love brownies! I'm also needing some easy dinner recipes... or ones that freeze well. Help???

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't made this recipe in a long time....It will seem like a new one to me!

    I know you've been busy (and under-the-weather) at your house - but I hope we get another post or two here again. Miss y'all and the fun you have at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, thanks Mrs. Bill! :) Life HAS finally returned to a more normal pace here so I am hoping to get out a post or two this weekend....

    Karen, I do have a couple new recipes my friends gave me that are great for making ahead &/or freezing... I'll post them soon :)

    Have a great weekend everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...