Monday, April 25, 2011

My, How Time Flies...

Well, THAT sure took a little longer than I expected....

What was supposed to be a short break of a week or so from blogging...quickly turned into one fast month,  thanks to the stomach flu, bronchitis, sinus infections & the accompanying doctor visits and sleepless nights....along with a house that really needed a good cleaning when all was said and done...meanwhile trying to keep up with the homeschooling and all our spring projects...

**whew**  am I glad that's over!

And yet, in the midst of all the chaos and crabbiness and cabin fever - there were as many good moments mingled in, too.  Sometimes it's works out alright to have a good reason to unplug from life-as-usual and slow down a bit.

Just a few pics to catch up a little.

starting seeds for the garden...




Cold finches!  Although, they are beginning to turn gold once again, too...



My Little Monkey turned 3!!
Daddy surprised him when he woke up with a big nerf gun, all his own!  I think he's still half-asleep in this pic.


General and Rose worked so hard to make it a special day for their little brother...thankfully he still takes good naps!




...and a little help from Mom, too...



More signs of spring...


 April showers bring May flowers, right?


Little Monkey's 'new' workboots - just like Daddy's...they actually used to be Geberal's, back from when he was just a little guy himself :)



That's enough for now!  More to come....boy, it's good to be back. :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you've had all that sickness, Collette! That isn't fun. But as you said, it looks like you've also had some beautiful moments as well.

    I love all the photos of your children planting and creating things.

    I really like your new blog design, as well. It looks very earthy and homey. :)

    ♥Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed You TERRIBLY!!!

    Glad you are back, but I do understand how nice it is to have that break;)

    Love the new blog look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the pics - I've really missed you guys! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, fun, you're back!!!! I am sorry to hear of all the sickness, but it looks like things are getting all cleared up -- and there was cake :)
    So glad you are here again -- can't wait to see what Artmama has up her sleeves!

    (and i LOVE the header!!! those those, those garlic cloves -- love!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you have been sick but glad you are back. How sweet of your children to make their little brother's day extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thanks, ladies! I have missed you all very much, too!!! I def. have a little blog-reading to catch up on, lol! Going to go pour myself another cup of coffee & find my comfy chair... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're back! Love seeing what's up at your home. The birthday surprises from the kids is so special!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...