Friday, July 29, 2011

~ a little Friday update ~

We had a busy week, even though we were home more than we have been all summer!  I spent quite a bit of time getting all of our unit studies planned and our new little school 'area' set up for the coming year...as you can see, the little ones love sitting in there already!   I'm hoping to find some time this weekend to finish up the basic outline of my preschool lesson plans...as well the next post in my Charlotte Mason 'ramble,' which I'll post on Monday - if all goes as planned ;)

 



 Hot, lazy, hazy summer days for sure!

photo credit : Rose
 The new plantings along the east side of our deck seem to be doing well...I was a little concerned we might lose some with recent heatwave and lack of rain, especially the tender little rose bushes...

...which apparently are anything but tender!  They're heirloom varieties, not hybrids (one apothecary rose, one damask rose and one old-fashioned 'alba')...and are supposed to be pretty hardy.   I took the above pic on the day after planting, a little over a week ago, and it has already nearly doubled its size!



Last but not least...Rose's most recent crochet creation, which she really wanted me to post a picture for Grandma and Aunty Karen to see :)  She found instructions for crocheting around an elastic hairband (from her book) and then figured out how to make the little loops for "flower petals."


An inspiring little quote I've been pondering:

"The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily
do not rob the violet of its scent nor the daisy of its simple charm.
If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would
lose its loveliness."
~ St. Therese of Lisieux


Have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my! That Paul is just too cute! Looks like summer is fun at your house and "the living is easy"! ;) Jenna, you are so creative and quite skilled... to take basic instructions on crochet (which by itself can be tricky),then to improvise from what you know, and then go on to make something beautiful! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...