Friday, July 22, 2011

Peppers-n-Eggs Sandwich

This yummy little sandwich is a favorite in our family, and I have served it for both lunches and dinners.  It's really just a twist on scrambled eggs - so it's easy to prepare on busy days, yet healthy ;)

Start with a green pepper, chopped into bite-sized chunks.  (I'm usually in a big hurry when I make this, so I keep the pieces pretty chunky - no fancy chopping, here!)  Put them in a frying pan with a generous amount of olive oil.  I also rarely bother to measure oil when I'm cooking, to save the step of washing a measuring spoon or cup later on.  So, technically, I use three good "glugs" as it pours out of the can...but I think that would be about equal to 3 tablespoons or a 1/4 cup!



Let the pepper sautee on high heat for a few minutes to brown the pieces up a little bit around the edges, then add some salt to taste & lower the heat, cooking until they are nice and soft - about 5 minutes or so.

In the meantime, scramble up 4 eggs (or as many as you'd like, it really doesn't matter!) with just some salt & pepper to taste.  When the peppers are soft, pour the eggs into the pan.  Cook & stir until the eggs are set (just like scrambled eggs).


Put the egg/pepper mixture onto Italian bread or rolls with a little bit of parmesan cheese, and that's it!  (I bet whole-wheat bread with cheddar cheese would be pretty good, too.)


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. my mouth is smiling because it knows I am about to make this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I'll get my guys to cook up a batch ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...