Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Crafts : Learning to Crochet


Rose has been asking to learn how to crochet for quite awhile...so we decided to make this into a little summer project.  First she had a few very helpful (and fun!) lessons with Grandma, who also gave her some hooks and yarn to get started...(thank you, Mom!)...


I also found this cute booklet at Michael's Craft store - it has instructions on many different projects designed to teach you the techniques as you go through them.  She loves it & the instructions are easy for her to follow - I highly recommend this book if you are looking for something like it!

 ... her first crochet flower ...

2 comments:

  1. Wow -- great work! It feels good to do things with your hands, something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun, Jenna! I tried a little on my vacation... but need some help remembering. Maybe Jenna can pass on her skills to her aunt; really, I've always wanted to learn how to do a crochet flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...