Monday, October 10, 2011

October Roses



He said...."Take my yoke upon you, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  



So I said..."I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you; I will praise your name, O Lord, for it is good." 




But what can these empty hands give You?

A broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.  A gentle and quiet spirit is of great worth in Your sight.  Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  




He said...."The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many." 


So I said..."Teach me Your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth.  You must become greater; I must become less."  




O Lord, You are compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness!  Your unfailing love is priceless - it reaches to the heavens!



Fill me with Your Love, O Lord, that I may love You as You deserve, and make You much loved.


Blessed are they whose strength is in You....they go from strength to strength.

7 comments:

  1. oh my gracious. It's beautiful.

    the photos.
    the words.
    so beautiful journaled here.

    And it speaks to my heart dear friend.
    thank you.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was... rest for my soul. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am just going to make this post my home page :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, I'm glad I can return a little bit of the blessing I always find through your words & photos :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful photos, Collette! I love the verses you included, also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soothing...

    And the beauty of the pictures, Oh My!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An Absolutely beautiful, touching reminder. Just what I needed. Thank you for sharing. Lots of hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...