Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Homemade Binder Tabs {free printables}



The month of December sure is flying by!  With so much to think about and plan during the seasons of Advent and Christmas, every December I have to remind myself that the New Year is coming up quickly, too!  I've been thinking ahead a little bit in the past few weeks about my goals and resolutions for 2012...no major decisions just yet ;) but I am looking forward to that sense of renewal and the "fresh start" that always comes with the beginning of another year.

"Behold, I make all things new..."  Rev. 21 : 5
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."  2 Cor. 5:17

One of my favorite things to do during the week between Christmas and New Year's eve, is to clean out my daily planning notebook.  It's the perfect time to take out all the old calendar pages, remove my old notes and lists that accumulate in each of the tab sections, reevaluate all my old goals and ideas from the year before.  Time to make room for new things!


It's also a good time to freshen up the binder itself.  Maybe add some fresh paper with a new pattern or colors to the cover.  Replace any worn out tab-dividers.  Add a few new categories, or rename/regroup the ones I already have into something that makes more sense for my work right now.

If you are new to this post-series, I've been sharing the printables I made for my personal time-keeper.  It's a little project that I've been working on for a couple years, and thought might be helpful to you, too.  They are all very homemade...and free! I made a button in my sidebar (and below) which will link you to all of the posts in the series (and all of the printables).


For today...here are the patterns I use to make my homemade (and much lovelier than store-bought) (in my humble opinion, lol!)...tabbed dividers.  There are five tabs in the set, although I'm using six in my binder right now.  When I need more than five tabs, I just start the set over again...using the top tab for #6, next tab down for #7 and so on.  The patterns are made to fit a standard 5x7, 3-ring binder.


Tab #1                                     Tab #2                                       Tab #3
 
Tab #4                                      Tab #5


To make the tabs, you'll just need to print and cut out one of each pattern.  Then trace onto heavy-weight paper, such as card-stock or the thicker type of scrapbooking paper.  The double-sided variety is especially fun - pretty on both sides :)




Punch your holes and write your categories....and now you have your very own, unique binder tabs.  Lovely!



Coming soon in my Homemade Binder series :: All About the Weekly Pages



Blessings,




:: linking up at ::
Growing Home
Far Above Rubies
Women Living Well 
Raising Homemakers

6 comments:

  1. You are so amazingly creative, Collette! I love these, and I definitely plan to make some. I've been working on redoing my binder for the new year, and your binder tabs look so cute!

    Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always wanted to make a binder but somehow never seem to get there. Thank you for generously sharing :)

    PS I awarded you the Liebster Blog Award. Be encouraged your blog is an inspiration.

    Blessings

    http://everybedofroses.blogspot.com/2011/12/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. an inspiration to be organized... and so pretty besides!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOVE your pattern for 5x7...are you going to do a pattern for an 8 1/2 x 11 notebook anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fantastic. i appreciate you for sharing this creative post with us. The binder tab are very easy to use and help you to manage your papers and docs properly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...