Thursday, January 5, 2012

a few favorites from 2011

Happy New Year!

Well, it sure feels good to be back in my writing chair, this morning!  We had a fun New Year's Eve, celebrating at our house with some close friends and all of our kiddos (the grown-ups were seriously outnumbered!)....and although we had a great time, it has taken us all me a few days to get things back on track again :)


Poor Peanut rang in the New Year with two brand-new molars that were in a hurry to join us....he was not a happy baby!  Four sleepless nights turned into a nasty cold with a sore throat for Peanut and a sinus infection for me.  So to say the least, we have been taking things easy, so far, in 2012!


But, you know, there is always a silver lining to be found in everything.  Or, at least, I think so!  Consoling a sad, teething toddler at three a.m. is definitely not fun, BUT.....on the flip side, it does give a Mama plenty of time to think about things.





Things like how thankful I am for this little life of mine.  My sweet family.  My wonderful husband.  A happy home.


For parents and family on both sides who are caring and supportive, and who we love so dearly!


For being surrounded with good friends who are on similar life-paths of loving Jesus, loving our families... and even having the homeschooling life in common.


For the many lovely friends I've met in this bloggy world who equally been a source of encouragement and support to me in my walk as a homeschooling Mama.  I am so thankful for each one of you!


For the blessing of this season of having a baby to hold and comfort...even if some of those moments happen at at three a.m!  I am a blessed Mama, indeed.



I had plenty of time to make some plans, too.



Not really resolutions...I think I'm getting tired of making those...they don't motivate me anymore.  This year, I'm just re-focusing my goals and the things I already know I need to do here at home, and in our homeschool.


Along with a few things that I want to do...


And maybe a few new ideas, too.  Now that energizes me!


I did choose a word for 2012, however.  Small.


Okay, two words, but the second one ... Fun... really is just more of a reminder to myself to take the time to stop and smell my little roses.  Enjoy these precious days.  Play with my kiddos.  Treasure up the memories.  Fun explains what this looks like, but Love is really what's hiding beneath that word.


AND...I had plenty of time to think about this little blog, too.  It's hard for me to believe it, but this week marks my first official blogoversary, at this address.  I blogged for awhile before moving over here to ArtMama, but in those days I felt that I was mostly still just testing the virtual water.


So, I have lots to talk about, as you can see!  But for today, I need to spend some time finishing my cleaning...and the laundry.  There's also a paper monster that took up residence on top of my desk... I should probably do something about that, too ;)


I thought I'd say a quick farewell to 2011 with a few of my favorite photos from the year.  Favorite pics, favorite moments, favorite little things we did.  Just a few.  There's not enough time to post them all....and really, that would make for one ridiculously long post :)


Wishing you and your family a blessed 2012!  May your hearts and homes be filled with the love, grace and beauty of Christ's presence.












Blessings,

4 comments:

  1. Aw, it was fun seeing your year in photo review! It was a treat to take a peek into your home through your blog. Welcome to 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collette~
    This was a perfect goodbye and hello all wrapped into one!
    I felt like everything you said could have slipped from my tongue.
    I often wonder if cranky or sick children are a gift wrapped up in sleepless nights, for the soul purpose of making us think .... Deeply without intrusion.
    You have a beautiful family and a beautiful life.
    Happy New Year!
    p.s. A beautiful blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos as always, Collette. Thanks for sharing.
    Many blessings to you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect way to finish up the year. Beautiful photos of a beautiful family!!!!
    So thankful to have "met you" his past year!!! :-) One of my favorite stops!! :-)

    Love your new header, great drawing of the pine branch!!! :-)

    Love Carissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...