Monday, February 6, 2012

Easy Valentine's Treat :: Chocolate-Dipped Cherries

This simple recipe is easy for little hands to make, from start-to-finish!  Little Monkey made a batch of these for his Alphabet "C" Week...and now we can't wait for Valentines' Day, to make a few more!


There's only two ingredients needed:


We used the candied cherries to match our "c" week theme (which were delicious!)...but I think we'll use fresh fruit for Valentine's Day, especially strawberries yum!


Step one :: Melt the chocolate in the microwave and stir until smooth.


(Very easy.)


Step two :: Dip your fruit.


(Also very easy!)


Step 3 :: Place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper, then put it all in the fridge (or freezer) to set the chocolate.  (If frozen, just let them thaw for ten minutes or so before serving.)


And that's it!


Hope you are all having a lovely start to your weeks!  We have a lot going on over here this morning, but I'm hoping to be back again later with some pics and notes from our "C" week....and maybe an upcycled-no-sew-scarf post I've been working on for awhile.  :)

Meanwhile I'm off to make a dent in a mountain of laundry that taken over my house....

Have a Blessed Monday!

5 comments:

  1. I'm certain we will be doing these this week:)!!!love.love.love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures!!!

    What fun!!! I love simple, yet family time ideas like this!

    Thank you for sharing. I think we will be trying this soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate... I can't decide if my favorite "C" word is Chocolate or Cookie. How about a shortbread Cookie dipped in Chocolate? Uncle Roger would LOVE LOVE LOVE the Cherry recipe. We'll have to try it. LM makes it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guys would love these and they look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creation book! Will have to keep that in mind the next time we hit the letter Cc!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...