Friday, March 2, 2012

Croup, Crochet & Titus 2

Things have been quiet here on the blog over the past week....but only because things have been busy at home.  I have so much in my heart to say...so many posts written in my head....but very little time to write, right now.  So I'm giving you the condensed version today. :)

~ frosty, snowy sparkles in the golden sunshine....an early-morning surprise ~

{psalm 57}


"Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be over all the earth...
My heart is steadfast, O God; my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music...
Awake, my soul!  Awake, harp and lyre! 


I will awaken the dawn.



~ morning tea and a few minutes of sketching...my next page of Jesus Tree ornaments is almost ready for posting ~


We all came down with the flu last week....especially poor little Peanut, who had it worst of all.  He woke up early in the morning with just about the worst case of croup we've seen, yet.  I heard the first few coughs right away and was able to calm him....no tears or crying.  Thankfully, we had such crisp, cold morning air....a few hours of alternating between a steamy bathroom and the cool outdoors got him through the worst of it.  I try to use home and herbal remedies whenever possible, but this is one sickness which makes me so. very. thankful. for modern medicine.  By the next day, Peanut - and therefore, the rest of us! - were all breathing much easier.

~ still having fun watching & taking pics of our feathery friends ~


~ D-Week is under way....hopefully I'll be posting more about that, soon! ~



I'm ever-thankful for this hard-working husband of mine, who sacrifices so much to provide for us.  And yet, after his long days, he still comes home with a big smile - and ready to pour his heart into his family.


Rose finished her scarf!  This little girl is crocheting circles around me.  I had to hurry up and finish mine, too - before she gets too far ahead for me to catch up ;)  She's moved on to her next project already - a pretty turquoise hat.  After the long scarf-project she's pretty excited at how quickly this one is coming together!  


There's only two projects left to go.....and then we'll be picking up our knitting needles next.  Truth to tell, if it weren't for Rose's enthusiasm, this Mama would never have been brave enough to try either of these skills!  BUT.  I am hooked.  :)


I made the decision to put my own crafty projects and ideas on the back-burner for awhile....to make time to pursue Rose's interests with her, instead.  And in so doing, I've found that my own horizons have been expanded.  Maybe it's because of the treasured moments, spent with my daughter, that these skills are suddenly so special to me.


I started re-reading a book/bible study from my younger days.  It was ten years ago, this very month, when I read Elizabeth George's book, Woman After God's Own Heart for the first time!  The study booklet still has all of my old answers in it....it's interesting, to say the least, to look back and see what I was struggling with and thinking about, at the time.  It's nothing short of beautiful, to realize how much the wisdom and teachings from these pages have shaped my life - and my home and family - over the years.  And yet, here I am, ten years later... embracing a new season of motherhood ... already having learned so much... and still having so much still to learn.  And all over again, the words in this book are full of help and hope to me.

I'll leave you with a quote from Elizabeth, something I've been pondering these past couple weeks....regarding the women of Titus 2:4 and Proverbs 31.  You may have noticed I faintly slipped the Titus verse into my header-graphic.  It's just there as a little reminder to myself, about what the true "art" of a Mama really is....and what I want to always remember to pursue above all else. :)

"Prov 31 : She watches over the ways of her household... I learned that, as it is used here, "to watch," means "to hedge about" as with thorns, much like a mother bird or animal might do to protect her young.  The verb expresses the active guarding, protecting, saving, and attending to something precious.  This kind of watching involves observation and preservation.  A woman who watches over the ways of her household is a woman who watches over her precious home....I am on assignment from God to watch over my home and the people in it."  {page 144}


Have a blessed weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Rose's scarf is beautiful! She did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back! The photos of light just make me pause and enjoy. And the boots pic is a great representation of your solid husband! Love the soft crochet photos as well... Rose is a beautiful young lady. You can tell you find your family precious :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gracious.
    You've left me with a beautiful quote.
    Just beautiful.
    love the cozy photos. Speaking simpliciy.
    Home.
    Where a mother should be.
    Raising her daughter.
    Teaching her children.
    Mothering.
    Sewing, mending, healing.
    Home.
    where a daddys boots should be.
    From working hard...providing for his family.
    This.
    All of this is what it's about.
    The family working and living according to HIS good will.
    just beautiful Collette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! I'm glad you're all feeling better. The SCM crochet video has been on my list since you posted about it; for our handicrafts in the fall : D Mothering is such a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...