Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Easter Ornaments & A Mama's Strength

Good Morning!


Here is the next page of ornaments for our Lent/Easter Devotion.  It's hard to believe we are already more than halfway through the season, with Easter just three Sundays away!  It's time for me to start thinking about our Easter plans and activities here at home. :)

(Click the image to download or print.)

I've really enjoyed working on this little project, as we make our way through Lent.  To decide what images to draw for the ornaments, I've been pondering each of these stories a little more than I normally would throughout my days.  And it has been a sweet blessing for me!


My favorite one, so far, is the story about Jesus feeding the crowd of five thousand...with the little boy's five loaves and two fish.

Because there are many days when I am tempted to feel more-than-a-little overwhelmed by this precious calling of mine to be Wife~Mama~Teacher~Homemaker!

But this story was an encouragement to me.

"As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, "This is a remote place, and it's already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food."

Jesus replied, "They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat."   

“We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish," they answered.   "Bring them here to me," he said.   And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people.

They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.  The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women andy children." 

The disciples felt overwhelmed, too!  They didn't have enough to do their work.  But they offered Jesus the little they had, and it was all God required of them.  He took care of the rest!

How thankful I am that my two hands are not the only ones at work in my busy days of caring for my family.  And that really, it isn't even "my" work to begin with - it's His.
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."  Ephesians 2:10

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."  2 Corinthians 9:8
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3:5-6

Have a beautiful Tuesday!
Blessings,

9 comments:

  1. I was encouraged by your post today, Collette! And I needed a little encouragement as I tackle the changing of the wadrobes for spring!

    ~Holli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Collette for the beautiful and encourageing reminder. It is so true... This job can seem overwhelming.
    Love your sweet little printables.
    Happy Spring!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, yeah! Did you feel Amanda and I talking about you this morning? I was starting to panic that the new drawings weren't up -- you hadn't posted in a while and we were wondering how you were doing! Hope all is well! We just started (better late than never, right?) and I already love what you are doing! THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the blessing of encouragement! (And I love love love the sock photo!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement, Collette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hoping more printables were on there way. I can't thank you enough. We have been reading our stories, digging deep, letting them touch our hearts and enjoying the printables that you have provided so far. Thank you.

    This was so encouraging for me to read today and the picture of your girl rolling socks is an image that is so precious to a mother. SWEET.

    Happy Spring Friend!
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll second Sally:)!!! we told each other how we were worried about you:)
    and I love the sock photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh thank you all for your sweet, sweet comments!!! LOL, Sally & Amanda - you two totally just made my day :)

    I'm still here, things just got busy all of a sudden this past week, with this crazy warm weather we've been having. I was planning on taking a break from school & probably blogging for a week or so later this spring to get our yard/garden ready for growing season......but the weather decided I needed to do it *right now* instead! :0)

    I've been (quietly! :/) visiting all of you, too...hopefully next week will be a better week for bloggin :)

    Have a blessed weekend!!
    Love,
    Collette

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stumbled upon your blog - LOVE the Easter project!!! Thank you also for your openness and encouragement...I can relate to having the beautiful calling - and being tempted to feeling overwhelmed; and needing God to do some multiplying. I very much appreciate the scripture reminders.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...