Monday, March 5, 2012

Ten Thousand Reasons



"I believe.
That Jesus is the Christ.
The Son of the Living God.
And my personal Savior and Lord."

Yesterday morning I heard those beautiful words spoken by my son.
In obedience to his tender, blossoming, earnest Faith in Jesus.
My oldest child confessed his faith.


Bless the Lord, O my soul
O, my soul
Worship His holy name.
Sing like never before
O, my soul
I'll worship Your holy name.

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes




Since the day this first child of mine was born,
I have watched and cried tears of joy a thousand times.
Joining in the celebration of so many baptisms.
Of new believers.  Of growing children professing their faith.  Of old souls recommitting their lives to our Lord.

And each time I have wondered.  What would it be like on the day I'd see my child in the water?


Bless the Lord, O my soul
O, my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O, my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find


For You make me glad by Your deeds, O Lord; I sing for joy at the work of Your hands.
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

My husband had the privilege of standing with him, as our pastor received his confession.

And then with his own hands.
The same hands that caught and guided our son into life on this earth.
Almost twelve years ago.
He gently guided our son into the water and lifted him again, a symbol of his new life through Jesus Christ.


Bless the Lord, O my soul!
O, my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O, my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

And on that day, when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forever more


The joy and the tears.
The whiteness of the baptismal robes.
The joy on my husband's face.
The earnestness of my son's voice.
The wonder in the eyes of his siblings.
The cheer of our church family.
The tears of joy shared by grandparents and family.
The love and hugs and kisses.
The words of praise and affirmation for my son.
The look of joy and happiness on his face.
The overwhelming warmth in my heart as I took it all in.

It felt like heaven had touched earth, for just a minute, as we celebrated this milestone of faith!  I was sure I could hear all of heaven singing for joy, right alongside this Mama.

My camera was with me, but I never did take a single photo.

Instead, the pictures in my heart will last forever.  Vivid memories, placed among my greatest possessions.
Precious things to treasure up and ponder.

For all Your goodness, I will keep on singing.  
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find.

This is the song of my heart today.  I hope you will join with me. :)



Have a beautiful Monday, filled with joy and the love of our Savior!

With a Full Heart,

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, yes, I am joining with you. This IS the most important day in his life!!!! Accepting the Lord as his Savior!!!! Praise God!!!!

    What you wrote is soooooo beautiful!!! Tender words from yuor heart. I rejoice with you!

    Praise the Lord!
    Love Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have put joy in my heart and day! Praise the Lord! He is good!

    (Would you mind if I linked you to Facebook so all the cousins etc. rejoice and praise God along with your family? This is so beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful, collette! i'm so thrilled for josh and excited for him to begin his new life in Christ.
    ps. this song has been in my head and on my heart all weekend. love it and the special meaning it has for you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ruth! Thankyou!! Josh says thanks, too. :) Glad you stopped over for a visit! Hope things are going well for you & Sarah...we're sending love & prayers your way today! Love, Collette

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...