Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter Ornaments for Days 37-43

Happy Monday!

Here is the last set of ornaments for our Lent/Easter Devotion (posted below).

I pray this final week before Easter will be filled with moments of beauty and grace, for you and me!  And maybe a few quiet moments, too...to pause and  remember our Savior's final week on this earth.  And to contemplate His incredible love for us.

I just love this description of Jesus - in His own words - from Palm Sunday...

"Say to the Daughter of Zion, 'See, your King comes to you, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey."  Matthew 21:5


O sacred Head, now wounded
with grief and shame weighed down,
now scornfully surrounded
with thorns, thine only crown:
how pale thou art with anguish,
with sore abuse and scorn!
How does that visage languish
which once was bright as morn!

What thou, my Lord, has suffered
was all for sinners' gain;
mine, mine was the transgression,
but Thine the deadly pain.
Lo, here I fall, my Savior!
Tis I deserve Thy place;
Look on me with Thy favor,
vouchsafe to me Thy grace.

What language shall I borrow
to thank Thee, dearest friend,
for this Thy dying sorrow,
Thy pity without end?
O make me Thine forever;
and should I fainting be,
Lord, let me never, never
outlive my love for Thee.

(Click on the pics to find the link for downloading/printing the pages :)



I have so many posts to write and share....and so much blog-reading to catch up on!  All are coming soon ;) 

This week we are still busy working on cleaning and organizing.....along with a few more yard/gardening projects.....and of course, there is much to do to prepare for Easter!

So until later, dear friends....
Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite hymns, Collette. The words are bittersweet, aren't they? I'm so thankful that He's no longer a suffering Savior, but a glorified One! Thanks for sharing. :)
    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've posted a favorite hymn of mine! makes me so grateful for my Savior :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you collette.


    wishing you and yours a CHRIST-filled weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this wonderful study during Lent. Simple, fun and heart warming. Just what I have been looking for!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...