Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

The morning purples all the sky,
The air with praises rings;
Defeated hell stands sullen by, 
The world exulting sings:
"Glory to God!" our glad lips cry;
"All praise and worship be
On earth, in heaven, to God Most High,
For Christ's great victory!"


~ from The Morning Purples All the Sky, by A.R. Thompson 


I can't remember the last time we had an Easter morning quite as lovely as we did this year!  In our area, the weather is usually still very chilly....or rainy...sometimes even a little snowy (like last year!).
But this Easter morning was a rare treat - warm, glistening, golden, and full of life.

(an early morning visitor in my garden)

Unfortunately, my children all came down with a bad case of the flu this weekend.....so our morning was a very quiet one.  I was a little sad that we'd have to miss out on our Easer service at church, and visiting with family.  I really had been looking forward to rejoicing on Easter morning, after our long Lenten season of seeking and waiting!

But...in the early morning hours, everyone was (thankfully!) sleeping and quiet for a time....and I had a few minutes to take a cup of tea outside, and see something special that I would have missed altogether on a busy morning.

Something that cheered my tired heart and brought sweet joy to my soul:

(my columbine bloomed this morning!)


All of creation (or at least the small little piece of it in our backyard!) seemed to be singing praises and bringing sweet sounds of glory to our Savior.  Most mornings, we only have a few wild visitors in our yard at a time....but today - rabbits and squirrels and all the birds were everywhere and singing a loud, sweet chorus!  My heart joined in. :)

Is it possible that all of creation can sense the blessedness of this day?


"When He came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen: 
"Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!  Peace in heaven and glory in    the highest!" 
Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher rebuke your disciples!"   
"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."


On Easter morn,
On Easter morn,
The sun comes dancing up the sky.

His light leaps up;
It shakes and swings,
Bewildering the dazzled eye.

On Easter morn
All earth is glad;
The waves rejoice in the bright sea.

Be still and listen 
To your heart,
And hear it beating merrily.

~ On Easter Morn, by Elizabeth Coatsworth


Wishing you a Blessed Easter, filled with the exuberant joy of our Salvation.....the beautiful gift given us by our Risen Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...