Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

An Egg is Quiet :: Nature Study Book Review


Good Morning!
I hope you're having a lovely Monday!  

Over the weekend, I had some time to experiment with my blog graphics a little bit...I hope things don't look too different this morning ;)  I've been intending to switch to more of a fixed header ever since I began blogging at this address, and just haven't gotten around to it, until now.
I'm sure I'll be changing/moving things around over the next week or two, until everything settles into a layout that I'm comfortable with, so please bear with me in the meantime.... :)
.................

I stumbled on this book when I was looking for resources for our "E" unit in Alphabet Time...and it has quickly become a new favorite of ours!  I thought I would share this little treasure with you, in case you may be looking for something like it, for your own bookshelf. :)


The egg is one of the main themes in our unit, since it fits very nicely into our spring nature and art studies.  I was delighted to find all three subjects covered in these pages - and so charmingly done!


Aren't these colors just beautiful?  The artist put so much detail into each little thumbnail, and my kids have been fascinated with comparing the different eggs...and identifying the eggs of all the birds we see in our yard.


 In many ways, it's like a child's field guide...but I love the way the author points out elements of beauty and artistic interest in these little things of nature.


The cheerful, sweet artwork has definitely captured my children's (and my!) imaginations!  Perfect for cuddling up with little ones under a blanket on a rainy day...maybe with some tea?


There are a few other books in this series, too...all of which are equally darling, and can be found over at Amazon.

I hope this tiny sneak-peek into these pages has brought a little loveliness into your day, as it has into mine. :)

Have a beautiful day!
Blessings,


7 comments:

  1. The books look terrific! Absolutely love the author's style and skill. It makes you want to linger over the pages, looking at all the little details (and learning as you go!)
    p.s. Did I mention I LOVE the new blog look?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thank you! :0)

      I think 'linger' is the perfect word to use, here! There is just so much to look at on each page...a very fun book to read!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this book. WE have checked it out so many times from the library, that we need to just buy it. Beautiful, accurate, such a lovely way to bring nature in, and books out. Thank you for sharing -- putting it on my library request list now (again!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of our favorites! Our library had a copy of The Nest: An Artist's Sketchbook by Maryjo Koch. It is very similar and you would enjoy it too. We had to find our own copy after borrowing it : D

    BTW, I like your new header (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - thanks, Jenny! :0) And thankyou for the recommendation - I will definitely check it out!

    Sally & Jenny - sounds like you have wonderful libraries! Our is fairly large, yet I have such a hard time finding books like these...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the sleepy seed and it is also filled with beautiful illustations.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful book! I've heard of it before, but I don't think we've ever read it...thanks for mentioning it!

    Your blog design looks very lovely and peaceful--I love it! I'm trying to force myself to keep my blog header the same for awhile, too. :)

    Blessings,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...