Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

"A woman is seen in her most sacred and dignified character as wife and mother.  She has great influence over the character of individuals, over the condition of families, and over the destinies of empires.  It is a fact that many of our nobler patriots, our most profound scholars, and our holiest ministers, were stimulated to their excellence and usefulness by those holy principles which they derived in early years from devoted mothers."  ~ from Daughters of Destiny, p.227



"If I am Thy child, only God, it is because Thou gavest me such a mother." ~ St. Augustine

"The happiest part of my happy life has been my mother." ~ Washington Irving

"I remember my mother's prayers - and they have always followed me.  They have clung to me all my life...  All that I am or hope to be I owe to my mother." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All that I have ever accomplished in my life I owe to my mother." ~ D.L. Moody

.........................

A woman's beautiful calling to motherhood is, in our day, one of the least appreciated roles in our culture....

But just imagine!  God Himself has invited mothers to join in His very own work of giving life and nurturing souls - something that even the angels have not been given to do!

May you be blessed today in your own precious calling to influence your children, your family...and even the destiny of our world.

Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement, Collette! Your children (and husband) are quite blessed to have you as mom. Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you, sweet Collette! I pray your week is blessed. ♥Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said, Collette. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...