Thursday, June 21, 2012

{Pretty,Happy,Funny,Real} :: Rose's Birthday!

:: capturing the context of contentment in daily life ::

{pretty}


Our sweet Rose on her 9th birthday!


She's a little bit of sunshine,
She's a smile to light your days
She will steal your heart and
keep it with her warm endearing ways.
She's our precious little daughter,
with a sweetness from above.
Who has filled our years with laughter
and our lives with lots of love!



{happy}



Rose's birthday dinner was....did you guess?....spaghetti with meatballs and sausage, and lots of olives - of course!  And for her cake, she requested homemade Lemon Pound Cake - our current all-time family-favorite dessert....something that made all of her brothers very happy, too!


Two new craft books and the American Girl Josefina book set brought lots of big, happy smiles to the birthday girl!  She had been really hoping for these for quite some time, and was so excited to open them up.  I just love it that crafts and books are at the top of this little girl's list of favorite things...she must get that from her Mama ;)


We also surprised her with a Spanish hand fan and a pretty scarf, similar to Josefina's.  Just something special I knew would come in handy for the Josefina party we were planning with her friends, a few days later...

{funny}


Peanut (who now knows all about birthday cakes!) made us all laugh so hard, when it was time for Rose to blow out her candles...


He kept blowing them out before she could make her wish and blow them out herself!  And then Little Monkey decided to join in the fun....



After relighting the candles more than a few times....we finally remembered to turn off the lights!  And that distracted those mischievous little brothers just long enough to finish singing "Happy Birthday" ...and for Rose to finally blow out all nine of her candles. :)


{real}

This year we decided to give Rose a special birthday party with her friends - something we don't usually do (in the past, our parties have always been with the extended family).  She chose a Josefina theme - and she and I both had so much fun planning and preparing the decorations, activities and her cake.  The party went very well, and all of the children (the Birthday Girl, especially!) had a nice time... and I even remembered to take lots of pictures throughout the day!

BUT.  That evening, when I plugged my camera's memory card into my Mac to import the photos.....something went wrong (I don't know what I did!).  iPhoto didn't detect the card, and when I removed it to try again - all the images were missing!  I couldn't believe it!  I'm really hoping Rose's birthday pics are still (somehow!) on the card, since the computer never ran any program to import (or delete!) them.  If anyone has had any similar issues or experiences with something like this, I'd love to hear any tips or advice you may have!

If I can retrieve them.....there will be many pics to follow, soon! :)

.............

To read more posts on contentment...or to write one of your own!....visit Like Mother Like Daughter. :)

Have a blessed Thursday!





round button chicken

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Rose! The first set of outdoor photos are fabulous! Wow! Yet my fave, I think, is of Rose with her fan and scarf... with the way the background is composed, the textures from the house walls makes her look like she's in Mexico. So cool. And may I say (as someone else from the girls' species growing up with brothers - and having several boy "barracudas" of my own), I am impressed with Rose's patience to personally blow out her candles :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was very patient!! :) Fortunately, the little ones are still *little enough* for her to think they're funny (and cute), lol! Which helps a lot! :0)

      Delete
  2. What a sweet celebration! I hope you find your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate! :) It's nice to "meet" you! Blessings, Collette

      Delete
  3. I'm certain that if you don't post a recipe soon for your meatballs, you will drive your readers crazy.lol:-)

    ...it must be really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well *my kids* think they're good, anyway!! ;) It's a recipe (sort of) from my husband's Italian family....which I've modified quite a bit to make it faster & use ingredients available to me. We'll be making them again next week, so I will take pics & post the recipe!
      Hope you are having a beautiful summer weekend!
      Love in Christ,
      Collette

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful birthday girl! I hope you retrieve your photos soon; I know they are treasures. Perhaps someone at a photo-printing type shop could help you. (Heaven knows I wouldn't know how to do it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! And thanks for stopping by! :) LOL, I sure didn't know the first thing about what to do, either...but I was able to recover them with a software online, thankfully. Have a blessed weekend!

      Delete
  5. Oh, so sorry that you lost some of the birthday photos! The ones that you do have are beautiful though, as is your daughter. Love the American Girl themed party...my girls would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jenn! Glad you stopped by!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...