Monday, July 9, 2012

A Quiet Northwoods Morning


Sunday morning, I woke up very early to a quiet cabin.  My children were all still blissfully asleep...so I took my coffee down to the lake to see the sunrise.

I forget, sometimes.....how quiet the quietness truly is.  Can ears rest?  I think mine did.  There was only the sound of leaves softly rustling....water quietly lapping against the pier....a loon off in the distance.




It brings a quietness to the soul.  I know a heart can rest...and mine sure did.  

~~~**~~~

Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy burdened, and I will give you rest.

Take My yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  (Matthew 11)






O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh length for thee in a dry and thirsty land where no water is... (Psalm 63)


As the deer panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after thee.  (Psalm 42)



Blessed is the man....whose delight is in the law of the Lord.  He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither, and whatever he does shall prosper.  (Psalm 1)


Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.  Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.  (John 4)



Wishing you a place of quietness and peace in your day, today...and refreshment for your soul! 
Blessings,
Collette

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful words and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collette~ You are gifted in your sharing and telling. Oh my, did I mention I was envious?
    Deep, deep, sigh....
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect in every good way:)
    enjoy the peace vacations like this bring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...