Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A November Daybook

Outside my window...it's a bright, cold fall morning!  There's a thick layer of sparkly frost covering everything - so pretty!




I am thankful... that my family is (mostly) healthy again!  My kids & I have been passing around a nasty case of the flu/bronchitis/pneumonia for forever several weeks, and I'm so glad that we're all finally on the mend.  General and I are both still coughing quite a bit, but the little ones (especially Peanut, who had me worried for awhile!) are completely better.  My husband is the only one who hasn't come down with it, yet...and he just started coughing yesterday.  I'm praying that he doesn't end up with as the rest of us did!

I am thinking... about blogging - and how long it has been since I posted last!  I never intended to take such a long break, but this fall ended up being so unexpectedly busy (as I mentioned in my last post!) and I had to put blogging aside for awhile.  It did, however, turn out to be a good opportunity to re-prioritize and re-think my methods and purposes, here, so I can continue on with this little hobby. :)

I am learning... about how to scale back my time spent behind the camera - and especially on the computer, editing photos.  For awhile, I've been trying out a few different tricks that I've found on photography blogs (and that I've picked up from a dear friend who is an amazing photographer!) in an effort to streamline the whole process.  Recently, I've had a few photo-questions from a lovely bloggy friend - so I am working on putting together a post to share some favorite links and tips. :)

In the kitchen... My family's new favorite recipe is simmering in the crockpot - Pepper Steak, yum!  Later on, I'll just need to boil some rice to go along with it; and Rose will make a dinner salad this afternoon.   Pumpkin pie for dessert. :)

I am creating...  New fall decorations for my kitchen shelf ~






From the Learning Room... Peanut & Little Monkey are working on finishing up our Alphabet Time "B-Week-in-Review" ;)  I have lots of pics from their little projects, and I'm hoping to post them sometime very soon!  Rose & General are both really enjoying all of their new curricula so far - especially our new writing and spelling programs from the Institute for Excellence in Writing.  During the first lesson, Rose watched the DVD-portion with headphones on, while I worked on math with General.  LOL, I actually had to ask her to be quiet - she was giggling so much! 


I am looking forward to... our homeschool group's Mock-Presidential Election, taking place this Friday.  It should be a lot of fun!  The kids will all have a chance to experience the election & voting process first hand, including being nominated to run for "office," taking part in debates, and voting for their favorite "candidate."  General and Rose are both hoping to be nominated to run for "President" (although NOT on the same ticket ;) and both have been working hard at coming up with their campaign promises.  So far, their lists are pretty similar and include things like - "more fun field trips," "lots of candy for everyone, at each field trip" "girls-only get-togethers" and "a boys' paintball outing."  Lol, we'll see how it goes!
  

Around the house... Today is garbage day & bathroom-cleaning day.  I'm also still working on organizing/setting up our new school-room in the basement - a little bit each week!

I am pondering... our chore charts & daily routines, which need to be re-figured & updated, since Little Monkey has become quite the little helper!  Rose has been teaching him some of her cleaning chores, and he's ready (and very willing!) to take over the tasks.


A favorite quote for today...


"Our Lord needs from us neither great deeds nor profound thoughts. Neither intelligence nor talents. He cherishes simplicity." ~ St. Therese

One of my favorite things... My new Lesson Planning Notebook, which has brought so much order & peace to our schooldays....thanks to this organized Mama who so kindly shared her methods!


A few plans for the rest of the week:


*Today - Voting!  and Rose's ballet class
*Wednesday - General's trumpet lesson
*Thursday - Archery & Fencing class (if we are on-task with our school work!)
*Friday - Student Mock-Election


A peek into my day...





To read more Daybooks....or to write your own!....visit Peggy over at Simple Woman's Daybook.


Have a lovely Tuesday (and don't forget to vote!!).  :)
Blessings,
Collette

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome back! So glad you're all on the mend. It's good to hear the kids are actually enjoying their lessons - fun! A very productive week ahead for you all, too; the lessons and the fun mock election. Reminds me of your run off waaaay back when. lol!
    Really enjoyed your frosty photos.
    I voted as well!
    Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Love your Give Thanks graphics. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear from you again. I like those "Give" "Thanks" framed art pieces -the three buttons are a cute addition.

    Enjoy your day!
    ~Bevy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...