Thursday, November 15, 2012

Crochet Update :: Rose's Hat


Last winter, Rose began stitching her way through a DVD-course on crochet from Simply Charlotte Mason, that we both just love!  (I posted about a couple of her other projects here and here.)  She & I both began working on this project together last February, hoping to finish while we still had a few weeks of cool weather left to wear the hats.  But with spring arriving so early, we both lost our motivation to finish, and decided to set them aside for another season. :)


A few weeks ago, I noticed Rose had pulled out her crochet basket once again...and within a few days, she was wearing her new creation!  This pattern is for a basic single-crochet hat, but she decided to add a matching flower to cover up a small gap in the stitches from a mis-count.  It's actually a little barrette, made by one of her friends ~ and it fit perfectly.  So cute!


Now I just need to hurry up and finish mine so we can wear our hats together!  (Mine is the brown & blue yarn, pictured below.  I took this pic last February or March....and my hat looks the same today, lol. ;)


Rose only has one project left to do & then she will have completed the full course!  The final pattern is for a baby blanket, although I think I'll adjust the size a bit so she can make a smaller, doll-sized blanket instead.  

And then....we're moving on to knitting!  Simply Charlotte Mason recently added a knitting course to their Handicrafts series....and we both can't wait to try it out. :)


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...