Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pumpkin~Cranberry Cake

On Sunday I brought this moist, spicy cake to my brother's house for a family game-night.
It's a recipe from a church cookbook that my nieces gave to me many years ago, at my wedding shower....one of my all-time favorites, especially for baking!
(They signed their names in the front of the book, which I love to look at....they were so little back then!  And they've grown into such lovely young ladies now! :)

Anyway....the cake was a hit with my nephews, and all of my boys (and Rose!) gave it two thumbs up as well.
The ingredients list looks a little long at first glance, because there are several spices in the recipe.
But it was super-fast to prepare, and tasted even better the second day!
A new family-favorite, for sure.


~ Pumpkin Cranberry Cake ~

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1 can pumpkin
3/4 cup butter (melted)
1/3 cup apple or orange juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves and salt.  
In a small bowl, beat eggs and whisk in the pumpkin, butter, juice and vanilla.  Stir pumpkin mixture into then four mixture until well combined.  Fold in cranberries and nuts (if using).  
Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into center of the cake comes out clean.  
Cool on a wire rack.  
Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.  Serves 10 to 12.

~Enjoy!

~***~
Linking Up At ~
Women Living Well
Raising Homemakers
Growing Home
Artful Homemaking

4 comments:

  1. Yum! It looks(and,can almost smell)so tasty. :)

    Always on the "sniff" for new fall favorites.. thanks for sharing.
    ~B

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delish! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even like cranberries but my pregnant self just decided that looks like the most crucial thing in the world for me to make right NOW. I just gotta get some cranberries.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...