Friday, December 7, 2012

On the First Sunday of Advent...


"'The days are coming,' declares the Lord, 'when I will fulfill the gracious promise I made to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.  
In those days and at that time, I will make a righteous branch sprout from David's line; He will do what is just and right in the land...
This is the name by which He will be called: 
the Lord Our Righteousness.'"  
~ Jeremiah 33:14-16


"Besides this, you know what time it is, how it is now the moment for you to wake from sleep.  
For salvation is nearer to us now than when we became believers; 
the night is far gone, the day is near." 
~Romans 13:11-12


~ A Prayer for the Advent Wreath ~

Lord, our God, we praise You for Your Son, Jesus Christ, for He is Emmanuel, the Hope of all people.
He is the Wisdom that teaches and guides us.
He is the Savior of us all.

O Lord, let your blessing come upon us as we light the first candle of this wreath.
May the wreath and its light be a sign of Christ's promise of salvation.
May he come quickly and not delay.
We ask this in His holy name.  Amen.

~***~

Wishing you a Blessed First Week of Advent! :)
~Collette

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!!! Love the prayer it touch my heart so.

    We join you in this special time!!!!

    A blessed advent to you!
    Love Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS We used your advent countdown numbers againt this year. The children love them!!! So do I!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grateful for our Redeemer! Hugs to all from me :>)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Things are pretty busy around our house, so I can't always leave as many replies as I would like to. But please know that I look forward to reading every note you send my way - they brighten my day! Blessings,Collette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...